“I’m not in the mood...”
Ever found yourself saying, "I'm not in the mood" when it comes to sex? We all know that sex can be a truly magical experience, filled with euphoria and unparalleled bliss. Those moments of pleasure and arousal transport us away from the humdrum realities of our everyday lives—the 9-5 grind, the monotonous meal prepping, the countless gym classes, and chasing after those elusive 10,000 steps a day. And let's not forget that never-ending to-do-list stuck on the fridge for what feels like an eternity. You know exactly what I mean.
But here's the thing ladies. Life gets busy, and sex often ends up at the bottom of our priorities. Switching personas from corporate boss lady to a sex goddess after a marathon of Zoom calls usually leaves us saying, "I'm not in the mood." We believe that it is time to change that.
Let’s start by prioritising our sexual pleasure and exploring new ways to ignite your desire for play (trust us, it can be even better than the main event!). Ladies, allow us to introduce you to the tantalising world of…foreplay.
What is foreplay?
Foreplay is a term that often gets reduced to a hurried, time-sensitive buildup to intercourse. But let's challenge that perception, shall we? 😏 It's time to discover the truth behind foreplay and unlock its full potential. So, what exactly is it?
According to relationship expert Esther Perel, foreplay starts at the end of the previous orgasm. It's a continuous journey of connection and exploration, encompassing so much more than just physical touch. While intimate touch is undoubtably important (and who doesn't love that?) foreplay also involves emotional, intellectual and sexual connection.Intellectual foreplay
This type of foreplay involves stimulating your partner's mind and getting that to-do list out of their thoughts by engaging in deep and meaningful conversations, playing games, or sharing your fantasies. This can help you connect with each other on a deeper level, creating a strong sense of intimacy and trust.Physical foreplay
This involves using touch techniques to create a sensual experience. Take it slow, tease, tickle, and explore your partner's body to build anticipation and excitement. Use simple body scratches, a shoulder rub, or run a hot bath to create a soothing and relaxing experience, while describing everything you want to do to your partner while inching closer and closer...Sexual and erotic foreplay
This involves leaning into your sensuality by using sexting, talking dirty and erotic embodiment. Sexting and dirty talk can be an exciting way to communicate your desires and fantasies, creating a sense of anticipation and arousal. If you are feeling extra playful, why not explore your partner's body with your mouth, tongue and lips to discover different erogenous zones and sensations.
Foreplay ideas you should try right now.
Always sticking to the same foreplay routine? Usual tricks not turning you on? In a foreplay rut? We hear you girl. It's time to spice things up and explore new ways to reach orgasm. To help you on this journey, we’ve put together some of our favourite ways we get in the mood, both in and outside of the bedroom (thank us later 😉).
Outside the bedroom
- Send a sext: Nothing quite gets us in the mood like receiving a dirty text back from our other half. Next time you are on your way home, why not send a flirty text telling them what you are going to do to them when you get home or a photo of you in your underwear (or not…).
- Do something else while naked: This is a fun one! Walk around the house completely naked together, especially if you’re used to being covered up. Flick on a movie (preferably a sexy one) and watch it together butt naked and see how it feels to have your skin against one another.
- Give each other a sensual massage: This is a classic but one of our all time favourites. Try taking turns rubbing each other's bodies on the floor or sofa, asking them to guide you on where you want to be touched. Add in a massage oil for an extra sensual touch.
In the bedroom (or kitchen…just saying):
- Use a blindfold to heighten your other senses: Explore your senses with this simple but highly effective tip (trust us). Let your partner blindfold you and whisper what they're going to do to you in your ear.
- Try some light bondage: Experiment with bondage by tying your partner's hands with a scarf or handcuffs to the bed. Use different textures (hard, soft, smooth, hot and cold (ice cubes are our personal favourite 🧊) to tantalise their senses.
- Use sex toys: Sex toys are the perfect way to experiment with foreplay and play with what turns you on. We love using Uno for foreplay as it has various levels of intensities designed with build-up in mind. Starting off too strong is often what ruins the moment - so keep it slow and let the good times roll.
So, the next time you find yourself thinking “I’m not in the mood”, remember to give one of these kinky foreplay ideas a try! Remember, that communication is key in any relationship, talk to your partner about what turns you on and what you're comfortable with, and be open to trying new things together. By incorporating foreplay into your sex life, you can unlock your erotic mind and enjoy a more fulfilling sexual experience. What are you waiting for?